Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Problem using Internet control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcgann

Programmer
May 31, 2000
IE
Below is the code i use. I need to log on to an FTP site(No problem) change directory ( Returns an error - Still executing last request)<br>And download all text files then archive them to a directory.<br><br>It seems as though the program crashes when i try to change directory.<br><br>Am i using the right Syntax<br><br>Thanks all for your help.<br><br><br>With Inet1<br>DoEvents<br><br>.URL = &quot;<A HREF="ftp://172.14.27.82" TARGET="_new">ftp://172.14.27.82</A> &quot;<br>.UserName = &quot;anonymous&quot;<br>.Password = &quot;<A HREF="mailto:sdf@banta.ie">sdf@banta.ie</A>&quot;<br>.Execute , &quot;ftp -i&quot;<br><br>.Execute , &quot;cd bom&quot;??????????????????????/<br><br>.Execute , &quot;MGET *.txt c: &quot; ' Returns the directory.<br><br>End With <br><br><br>

the INet control operates sort of asyc.&nbsp;&nbsp;You need to either check the status continuiously after each operation, or just do a wait loop on hte .stillexecuting property.

<br><br>You may not have permissions on the directory that you are attempting to change to or the connection may just be very slow, however you can determe the exact cause of the error(if any) in the StateChanged event and test the&nbsp;&nbsp;'ResponseCode' for the value <i>icError</i> (11). If this is the case then look at the ResponseInfo (text), It may shed some light on things. <p>Amiel<br><a href=mailto:amielzz@netscape.net>amielzz@netscape.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back