Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP problem from dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejmmfc

Technical User
Dec 3, 2007
GB
Hi

Not sure if I am in the right place so apologies but here goes anyway.I should also say that I am by no means technicallly competant when it comes to Dreamweaver.

I had a website put together by an old colleague who has now moved on and want to modify the website. I have a number of files set up which i have accessed and modified then uploaded every so often with no issues.

Text or pictures would be added or changed, saved then uploaded great!. Now when i try to do this it tells me
..An FTP error has occured and it cannot make contact with the host ? My login and password is incorrect?

This is utterly confusing as I haven't changed a thing. Any help for a simpleton user would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Kindest Regards

EJMMFC

Do you host with FastHosts in the UK by any chance?

They have reset ALL customer passwords because of a security breach.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Do you host with FastHosts in the UK by any chance? You may be using another firm who have a reseller account with Fasthosts.

Fasthosts have reset ALL customer passwords because of a security breach.

I knew there was a reason I have always steered clear of them.

--

Thank you for the response , yes fast hosts is my provider I believe, I'll see what they say

Good Luck.

"You are number 145 in the queue, please hold the line while we charge you 50p per minute"

They also probably won't issue or change the password over the phone.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back