Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP on ISA Server machine itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonChino

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2003
US
Dunno, this might seem like a NOVICE problem but my ISA seems to prevent me from doing anything on the actual SERVER machine. I have the Web Browser working as a SecurNAT client but I cannot get ANY FTP site to work with ISA on the server machine itself. No FTP clients, no FTP browsing, etc, etc and I have tried finding solutions but most just mention packet filters and they dont seem to work for me.
If anyone has a COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH for how to achieve FTP on the ISA Server machine I would be grateful and not just "Create some packet filters", but an actual complete walkthrough for a DUMMY. Plus, browser settings...
Dunno why Microsoft does not have something like this up, since I assume I am not the only one with problems.

I am not sure what your are trying to accomplish. Are you running an ftp service on the isa server and wanting External pc to be able to access it. or are you trying to access ftp sites from the isa server itself.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back