Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP folder location is not showing in the production server but exist in the development server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kccoolrocks

Programmer
May 14, 2008
AU

Hi,
a wired glitch in my SSIS 2005 package in production server where the FTP folder location is not showing but its existing in my laptop version

EX: - t01/app/_res folder
When i open the package from the production server "res" is not showing within the remote path in the file transfer task.
but "_res" folder is shown in my development environment.

I tried with winscp FTP software in the production sever , and was able to access the "_res" location through the FTP software. What could this be? a BIDS sofitware version issue???

VS 2005 Version in development server
-Is 8.0.50727.42(Premier Partner ENU) .net framework is 4.5.1

VS 2005 Version in production server
-Is 8.0.50728 (Premier Partner ENU) .net framework is 2.0 Service pack 2.0

thanks.

when you tried winscp on production server did you do it logged in as the user that normally executes that package? e.g. Sql server agent user if this is a Sql Server job?

and I take it that you are using the SSIS ftp task (quite poor - would not use it at all)

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks kindly for your reply. User name and Password is working. this is not only a FTP transaction, we need automate the process to get the file from the ftp location and do some transformation.

i can se all the other folders in the FTP server location "t01/app/" except "_res" folder in the production when i broswe the path within the FTP task in ssis but i can clearly see the "_res" folder when i browse the path in my laptop. I thought this could be some permission issue but i tried with winscp FTP software in the production sever , and was able to access the "_res" location through the FTP software. What could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back