Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP eway connection not appending :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshubhra

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
US
Hi,

I am trying to append to anh existing file through a FTP(batch) eway connection. Howver, my eway is hanging while trying to append.

Here are the following observations:

1. My eway connection works just fine if I am trying to create a new file on the server.

2. There is no issue with the FTP server as manual FTP appends just fine

3. My eway connection creates an empty temporary file on the server before hanging. It is of size 0 bytes and of the name STCxxxx

4. My eGate version is 4.5.2, the registry and the participating hosts are both on a Sun Solaris 5.8 box.

5. My FTP server is the same Sun Solaris box in which my registry and participating host runs, so I am trying to connect as localhost to the FTP server.

Can anyone throw any light on this matter? Is this some kind of a bug?

----------------------
-------Shubhra--------
:):):):):):):):):):):)

It seems I have to apply an ESR. Unfortunately the ESR suggested by their knowledge base is for 4.5.3 and the support guy asked me to apply the latest batch ESR.

Will keep the results posted when I do install the ESR.

This problem seems to have been fixed in 4.5.4 ----------------------
-------Shubhra--------
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back