Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Communication for TrustedLink (v. 6.1) for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravelkm

Programmer
Jun 19, 2001
US
Hello:

Is anyone using Harbinger TrustedLink v. 6.1 for Windows and communicating via FTP and/or VPN to VANs, Trading Partners, etc.?

GEIS is our current VAN and they are requiring an IP connection (using FTP and/or VPN). Our current version of Harbinger only supports dial-up.

How would i go about implementing an IP connection if it's not offered as one of the communication methods? Do I need a script of some sort? If so, does anyone have it?

Thanks,
Kevin Gravelle

I'm not 110% familiar w/ TLW 6.1 - but I've got clients running older versions of TLW. ONe in particular - they use the AUTIL logon in a hybrid ftp solution. i.e. - when they have doc's to send - they use the AUTIL logon (via a UOP script which calls some *.exe files which do some administration/book keeping w/ the files) to create the EDI text file to send. They then go into the ftp software and send.

On the inbound side - they do a receive via the ftp software - then go in and audit the ftp inbound EDI file via the AUTIL logon. Not 110% automated - but cheap, free and it works.

Another client of mine who uses EVersion 5 (does anyone like that product???) - they had the same issue w/ GEIS. They bought a "box" from Geis and that's it. It intercepts the modem commands from Ev5 and converts it into an ip session. This involved no changes at all to their EDI xlator. I don't see why this wouldn't work for TLW. Oh yeah - this client they run on an AS400 and I'm pretty sure were dialing in bisynch like.

Good luck...-EDI Ken

If you want to FTP wiht GEIS you need to contact GEIS and tell them that your interested in getting a Fast Batch mailbox, I had to do this a year ago (its not great but its cheap) you are using the same software as I.
If you need any more info on this matter send me a email and I can get you all of my instructions that I created.
SliDeR-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back