Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Backup of CMS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpen

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2004
US
I am running CMS V12 on a Sun Enterprise 3500. I would like to run an FTP backup but I have two problems. 1) I was told once that doing this would void my maintenance agreement with AVAYA. 2) I do not know what files to back up. Any help out there??

Thanks,
Kenpen

We want to do the same thing. We want to be able to back-up to our network. I was told by tier 3 it could be done, but Avaya does not support it. They said you'd have to buy a 3rd party device to do it the approved way.

I thought I saw this somewhere out here awhile back, but can't seem to find it now.

Insight?

Thanks,
Chris

There is a memeber called G3Rtech that mentioned while discussing FTP backups for S8700 but I am new at this and do not know how to e-mail him\her the question. Any deas on how to do this??

Thanks

Login as root, this is from your CMS sparc box.

Use the xterm shell in Unix to launch the cmsadm backup utility.

Choose (I think) option 3 for backup, and insert a new tape, should tell you how many you will use.

Press enter. Sounds normal, eh?

When it is done, mount the drive #mount /dev/rmt/0 or whatever your tape is mounted as.

mount /dev/rmt/0
mkdir /home/$user/backup
cd /mnt/rmt/0
cp -R /home/$user/backup /mnt/rmt/0/ !----copies recursivily
tar -c backup$date /home/$user/backup
gzip -cr --best /home/$user/backup$date.tar

ftp
open $connection
put /home/$user/backup$date.tar.gz $localfolder on server
bye

:D

Thanks TelephonyG... I will try it first thing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back