Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ju1c3

MIS
Apr 3, 2007
US
hello,

i am looking for an ftp alternative for one of my clients. we currently have fileman implemented there and it has been working great for us. however, we are now growing large enough to where we need a better solution. fileman doesnt have the logging ability that my clients need. they wish to know who accessed what file. also, they want to have individual access rights instead of group rights. so basically they need these few things:

1. web based
2. *****individual useage statistics*****
3. logging
4. up to 100 users
5. based on local server

they would also like to be able to just throw all the files into one folder but i know that this is a stupid idea and will talk them out of it. the individual folders option is much cleaner.

i do not want this to work off active directory as many of the users are not in the domain.

if anyone knows of a program like this please direct me toward it. i have been googling for some time now and i haven't found anything yet. we were impressed with Intralinks but it is based on their servers and we do not want that as stated before.

You should try out my company's software. Its an ajax file manager that runs on windows and linux and has a desktop interface and also a mobile one that works on phones.
is the address. Its free with 2 users and extra users cost from $14.

hmmm i was kind of hoping it wouldnt require any software on the users computer other then a simple web browser. with close to 100 users and the people who access it changing weekly, it makes it harder if i have to get software on computers i dont directly control.

ill check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back