Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp access denied on put

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjb

Programmer
May 1, 2001
US
I am getting an access denied message when trying to ftp put a file from UNIX to a windows machine. This is probably because a file with the same name exists in the target windows directory. However, the file is there because I previously put it there with the same UNIX ftp put that I am trying to run now. On the windows target side, the permissions are -rwxrw-rw- 1 root root. Also, I am unable to do an ftp delete on the file from UNIX. If I go into the windows machine and delete it, then my ftp from UNIX will work. Is there any option on the UNIX ftp that will allow me to overwrite the file when I do a put? And yes, I did search this site and did not find an answer.

We have an intermittant problem like this with FTPs from Unix to Windows NT servers. Our only recourse is to restart the IIS service on the NT box, or occasionally, restart the Windows server.

You might get a better answer than this from one of the Windows forums.

Ceci n'est pas une signature
Columb Healy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back