Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FSO, Scripting.FileSystemObject

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaddow

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
RO
I've seen lately to many FSO and Network share problems.
Maybe creating this thread will helo find the solution faster.
Code:
Set ws = CreateObject("WScript.Network.1")
'Drive map the share ws.MapNetworkDrive "Z:", "\\MyServer\public",false,user,pass
'do your job using Z drive

'remove the drive map
ws.RemoveNetworkDrive "Z:",true

________
George, M

Try Set ws = CreateObject("WScript.Network")

instead of Set ws = CreateObject("WScript.Network.1")

Also, the fact that you are using the false for the map network drives might cause you some unexpected results since the mapping is not persistant.

I've been experiencing about 2 or 3 years ago same problem, when using FSO and shared resources. It doesnt worked until i've used Mapped drives.
And i noticed that any FSO and Shared resources problems still exists, nothing changed with FSO shared resources access or maybe i'm wrong.

I'm waiting confirmations.

________
George, M

I wonder why this error when executing this code
Code:
test.txt contains word "aaaa"
<%
set fso=CreateObject(&quot;Scripting.FileSystemObject&quot;)
set file=fso.OpenTextFile (&quot;\\server1\share\test.txt&quot;,1)
Response.Write file.ReadAll
%>

Error

error '8007052e' 
/tek/fso/index.asp, line 3 

Posible explanation

8007052e - Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

THis looks like the IUSR_computer name has no right on that share, but that's not true. I have Everyone on that share with full access.

Not to mention that i've seen some programs that will not work with shared resources unless i map them to an drive.

________
George, M

shaddow, I didn't realize that you used fso in asp.
Within WSH shared names are perfectly legal with fso.

AHA, i tought it's same as on ASP.
I've never used other then a simple VBS file or from ASP.

________
George, M

Yes, now i understand why. But i wonder why my example didnt worked even i had Everyone set to full on the share. Maybe IUSR_machine doesnt work with Everyone.
That was the main problem here, never tought to add IUSR_machine in the user list of the share. But since Everyone didnt worked i assumed that IUSR wont work also.

But it's good i finally found that was a &quot;DESIGN&quot; error and not program. Anyway using the map drive workaround solved the authentication isue.

:)

________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back