Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FSO not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

360degreehosting

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2006
US
Hello,

I have a Windows 2003 Server, IIS, ASP installed/enabled all in a default installation and no special tweaking.

FSO isn't working on correctly and I'm sure it's something simple.

Here is a simple test that returns "false" when it should return "true" because I have verified that the test file is there.

Code:
filename="c:\test\test.html"
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
response.write fso.fileExists(filename)

i use the same exact code on 2 other servers that were setup the same way and the test file exists and the results are returned "true" like I expect.

I'm just using this as a simple test because the script i'm actually writing wasn't working and i wanted to eliminate anything complicated.

Please let me know what to check or tweak for FSO to function properly.

Regards,
Steve

Does it have the same problem if the file you are checking existance of is in the same directory as your ASP logic? IF so it might be permissions.

Ah, Yes. it was a permissions issue. Thank you. I was blinded by the obvious. :)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back