Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FSD Problems with NT 4 SP 6a and Arcserve v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlespeechumuthu

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hello,
We are running Arcserver v9 on a trail version on two domains, one NT and the other 2000. Both domains are connected to a common DELL Power vault(running windows 2000 AS) via two NICS.

I am trying to back up 2000 server and NT server to File System Device created on Power Vault.
Everything is running fine on 2000 server (almost a week without hitch).
ON NT, I can create FSD on Dell, but the device always shows NO MEDIA in DRIVE. (where has when I created the FSD on 2000 it showed balnk media)
I followed the article How to create a File System Device on CA's website and searched both tek-tips and CA for answer. No luck yet.

ANYONE has seen this problem before? if so how did you fix it.

P.S. I can creat a FSD on D drive of the NT and I can access and backup to it fine!.

thanks in advance

-charles

HI,

This looks like a permissions issue...
If u can create a FSD on the D:\ why not on the C:\.. if thats what is your concern..

check if the ARCserve system account has full control over the c$ share on the remote server...

hope this helps

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back