Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRx totals by different segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshaPav

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
US
I am just starting with FRx. I want to do what seems to me should be a very simple report. I want to list all the accounts in a small company. I want budget subtotals by the 3rd segment, then by the 2nd segment, then by the first segment. I am getting the budget amounts OK, but each account seems to have a header (with the acct name) and a footer (with the total). There is also a 'detail' line in between there that has the acct#, desc, and budget, which is what I want. How do I make it print only one line per account? How do I make it give me totals on different segments? Are there any beginning FRx books out there?

Are you using a reporting tree? You will need a consolidated unit which will give you the total for each account in your row format. I am assuming account number is segment 2.

Then have additional units in your tree for segment 3.

That should be all you need. When you run the report, select all units. The first page will be the consolidated unit (segment 1) and a page for each division (segment3).

Thanks!
Barb E.

Yes, I am using a reporting tree.
Actually, my 'natural' account is segment 4. All I want to do is list each account, the budget for a month or whatever, and total by segment 3, segment 2, and segment 1. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, but I sure can't get it to do anything like that.

On the FRx Cds there are PDFs that are 'getting started', tutorial, sample reports... if you can not find them put your email out here & I will forward them along.

I think you want to make sure that your report catalog has Detail Level set to Financial Report and not Financial & Account.

In order to get sub-totals for each segment, you will need to coordinate your tree and your row-format. See the tutorial on how to do this.

Thanks!
Barb E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back