Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRx signs backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubomber

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
I am new to FRx and i am being thrown into it.

Anyways, i have a Variance Analasys report i have the problem with. there are a few groups of numbers that are correct, but being displayed as negative and not positive. The numbers in the whole report are correct. So this seems to be just how these few numbers are being displayed.

Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Your problem may be that you have "credit" accounts in the rows displaying as negatives.

Go into your row format and be sure the Column E (Normal Balance) has a "C" in the columns that are negative, and rerun the report.

Thank you for the reply, but that did not solve my problem. i belive it is in the colum layout where the problem might be.

It is a variance report. the first two colums will show the numbers correctly, correct signs. The second two colums are where the variance is calculated and it is were the numbers have the wrong sign. The nubers are correct, just the wrong signs.

So it seems to be a display problem or something. i am sorry i cannot explain it better.

Try going into your column format and go to "Print Control" in your Column Detail row. Change this value to "XCR" which should change the sign for the column if the normal balance is a "CR".

Are they maybe just subtracting the wrong direction? B-C instead of C-B or something?

The original post mentions the numbers are correct, so I eliminated that as a possibility.

Thank you for the replies.

I actually stumbled upon some formulas in the colum format that did not need to be there that gave me the wrong signs. They were under the variance section. And it was all of the variance numbers that were showing up strange.

It was a report that was put together by another person.

Thank you all again for the help.

stef315,

You are obviously correct. Something else to consider and easy to make the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back