Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRx 6.7 MSDE install error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2005
US
We are installing FRx 6.7 on one particular workstation, and about halfway through the install, we get an error about it trying to find an installation file for MSDE (sqlrun01.msi).

We're not using MSDE anywhere in this location, and we've been able to install FRx on other workstations without any errors.

I'm wondering if something is hosed in the registry or the Windows Installer, or something... I don't see any reason for it to be looking for MSDE at any point... (Clue: there is ONE program installed on this workstation that is using MSDE... it seems to be working fine... we can move it if we have to... but don't see why we should).

Does anyone know of any reason why FRx would be looking to MSDE in a full SQL2000 shop?

An answer to my own question: We were able to Search for another runsql01.msi, and we found another one that coincided with our current Service Pack level, and that seemed to help move us along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back