Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frustrating Login problems with AS7 and NW6sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoondy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I seem to have eventually got Arcserve 7 working well enough on my NW6sp1 server. I am able to submit jobs to backup remote servers in the same NDS tree as my backup server. However, I have had no success backing up a remote server in a different NDS tree. I can see the server and its volumes in the arcserve manager (running on WinXP). The jobs submit OK to my arcserve server but when it tries to perform the backup operation it reports "E3098 Failed to login to "servername" as "user" password =[******]. I have used the full distinguished name but have also tried every other combination I can think of. Nothing seems to work. I can't login to other servers using testnlm.nlm either. I can log in to all servers using a nw client workstation. As at Sept 3 02 I have applied all patches from CA as well as updates from Novell. The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is apply sp2 to my server but I am reluctant to do so at this stage.

Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back