Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frustrated with the HDS Support Portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simalam

Technical User
Mar 3, 2010
AU
As an HDS customer I have had enough of the customer facing HDS Support Portal. What about you?

It's broken - slow, unreliable and very hard to find anything.

I have provided plenty of feedback to my local HDS team, even to the point of logging into competitors support sites and showing them what a real Support Portal is, all to no avail. I think the feedback was well received but nothing was coming back beyond weak promises of it will get better just wait. That was a year ago. >:-<

When I saw Michael Hay's recent blog post on Hitachi Quality ( I had to comment and then rant to see if I could get a response. To my complete surprise I got a response and my final rant of frustration below was actually allowed through moderation - though currently without a response from HDS.

"HDS has some good technology but sometimes I think customers buy your products in spite of the marketing. While HDS has lifted its marketing game recently the company doesn’t really seem to know how to interact or engage with its customers let alone potential new ones.
Where are the HDS engineers and implementers blogs that give insight into your work and that of your partners? Where is the twitter presence beyond just an RSS feed? Where is the visible and proactive HDS presence in your own Forums?
One area which really lets you down is the post-sales online experience. While it appears that internally you have some great resources available when was the last time you logged into the customer support portal? Yes you have made some improvements recently but compared to your competitors it is still years behind the game. Where are the customer friendly Engineering Change Notices? Where are the organised and maintained technology sections? – no search is not the answer to everything. Why is it so slow and unreliable?
The support portal experience as a customer is not one designed to empower or educate but comes across as a disorganised paternalistic after thought."

So if you are as frustrated and annoyed at the poor state of the HDS Support Portal as I am then please join in and add your comments. They might respond, who knows, but without customers telling them openly why would they change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back