Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frustrated with connect to SBS 2003 SQL Server failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssckan

Programmer
Jun 7, 2004
US
I am using VS 2005 and cannot get a connection to our SQL databases in 'Solution Explorer'. I can see the server name listed but I cannot connect to any database. I have set all of the permissions I can find in Enterprise Manager.

Are you sure the connection string is right? Also, how are you creating the sqlConnection, drag 'n drop or programmatically?

Thanks for your quick response.

I am very new to VB and SQL programming. At this point I have only tried to establish the connection through the solution explorer. I can see the server but cannot make a data connection.

I have been able to create Crystal Reports with the server data using VB with no access problems. I want to be able to manipulate the data now and cannot establish the connection.

Is this failing when you try to add a new connection in server manager? I've never really had any problems with connecting except when my poor typing skills mangled passwords.
Do you have sa access to the DB that you can use to test the connection?

Ahha. I was missing one of the security settings. Its working now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back