Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

frustrated radio buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason9898

Technical User
May 4, 2005
US
I have a sql server database field set to bit. 1/0
I am developing in ASP VBSCRIPT.

In DW, I created a table with a dynamic radio button. The values are 1 and 0. I created a record set for this data (unique record) so I can update it via the form. I choose numeric as the update as option. This works perfect to update the record as I can see the change via the database record. BUT, I want to retain the value of the button on the webpage that the person selects. I do from the DW screen
<%= (rsUpdate.Fields.Item("MYVALUE").Value) %>
but it does not retain the value. If i look at a test of my record set in DW true shows as a -1 false shows as 0 ???

Maybe that is why but I am not sure. I want this to be a textbook example, without if statements? Is that possible??
Did I do something wrong. If I play with the data types in like text and others (Check box 1,0) it fails the page or will retain the radio button but not allow updates?

Please help or step me through how I should have done this. It is the most basic you could get an update page and that is how I want to do it.

Regards,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back