Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRS Trying to replicate from non-existent server - event ID 15308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwica

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
Hi... I am getting the following warning message:
The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from HTOA2003SERVER to HTOASERVER2012 for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name Htoa2003server.htoa.local. FRS will keep retrying.
Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name Htoa2003server.htoa.local from this computer.
[2] FRS is not running on Htoa2003server.htoa.local.
[3] The topology information in the Active Directory Domain Services for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.

My problem is this.... the source server HTOA2003SERVER doesn't exist, hasn't existed for a long time, but obviously a reference to it exists somewhere for FRS to mention. Probably what happened was this server was joined to the domain and perhaps removed incorrectly, a long time ago. Is there a place I can go to find this non existent server and remove references to it, thus preventing this 13508 event from happening?

Thanks

"Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back