Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRS gurus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrGryphon

MIS
Feb 18, 2003
AU
I have a challenge...

The names of the servers have been changed to protect the innocent.

At SiteA I have a Windows 2003 Server file cluster with nodes ServerA1 and ServerA2 (shared hostname of ClusterA).

On SiteB I have another Windows 2003 Server file cluster with nodes ServerB1 ad ServerB2 (shared hostname of ClusterB).

I have a share \\ClusterA\share that is available to users at both sites (users at siteB are pulling this over the WAN). I would like to replicate this share to SiteB and have the share available to all users as a domain DFS share \\domain\share. I would like users to always access the local copy of the data.

How do I do this?

I know that you cannot host a domain DFS share on a 2003 cluster so I have created a domain dfs root on ServerA1 and added the other three servers as root targets. Underneath it I have linked \\ClusterA\share.

I cannot find any information on how DFS *physically* stores replica files, and if root targets and both access the same physical local replica. I would like ServerA1 and ServerA2 to access the same clusterd file share and ServerB1 and ServerB2 to access its own local replica.

Thanks...

The original Citrix Guru...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back