Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frozen Roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortan

Programmer
Jul 13, 2002
CZ
I have a database with 70 access roles. Sometimes happens, that when I add a role to user and then I remove the same role user has the role still enabled. He can access all the function using this role but in access control list is this role not enabled to the user.
I have asked a certified notes rector what to do with this and he said me, that I have to delete and recreate the database. But this is what I can't do.

Anyone knows better solution?

thanks

Have you tried removing the user from the ACL, then re-adding him/her?

DDickey

To answer your question, there must be a readers field in the forms that are restricted by the role. If your database was setup correctly there should be. This stores the author of the document in the document itself. It is used for authentication when a person creates a document they can read their created documents. Otherwise everyone would have editor access and thats bad.

The only way to fix this problem may not be worth the grief; you have to modify all the forms to resolve both the authors and the roles. Lots of time if there are lots of forms.

Alternatively, you can search the database for the documents that match a query based on that user and have an agent change the readers content.

Derek

P.S. Why do you have 70 roles, even though it may be too late, thats way too many. A local law enforcement agency where I live did that once and paid the price eventually. You should get a qualified Domino devloper to help you trim that number to less than half. There is a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.