Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage Server Extensions on MS Server 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techguy44

Technical User
Jul 8, 2016
US
Hello, I'm literally PRAYING that one of you folks can help me. I run a small web based company in Western PA. I design very basic websites for small "Mom and Pop" type of businesses like used car lots, pizza shops, etc.

I have a virtual dedicated server with GoDaddy.com. It's a MS 2003 Server. They have been nagging me like crazy to upgrade cause they want to do away with ALL 2003 related stuff on their system. And I WANT to upgrade as well. HOWEVER, and this is a very big however....I design in MS Frontpage. It's quick, fast, flexible for the small jobs I get and the Frontpage Server Extensions will ONLY run on Server 2003. At least from what GoDaddy.com tech support tells me.

I absolutely CANNOT go to hand-coding as it would greatly increase my cost to design these sites. Does ANYONE know (FOR CERTAIN) that the Frontpage Server Extensions will run on the newer 2008 or 2012 MS Servers? If so, how much work is it? How much (approx.) would it cost to get someone to do it for me?

Your help is very much appreciated in advance. Thank you...Russ (raywhitacre@gmail.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back