Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage. Links to listen songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viandit

Programmer
May 10, 2020
IT
My problem is connected with some web sites which I made using FrontPage, such as: “Romaria”:

The aim of these web sites is the presentation of songs, that is: each page is dedicated to a song.
In particular, the aim of these web sites is to allow to listen the song and at the same time to read its text,
both in its original language and in its translations into other languages (parallel text).
And in each page there are also pictures and texts of description about the song.
Actually, the main structure of each page is based on THREE FRAMES :
1) TITLE and general links, index…
2) TEXT of the song and button to listen
3) FRAME for the mp3. That is: the button of the second frame is linked to a mp3, and the target of this link is this third frame.
All works well.

The problem is the fact that there are some problems of copyright on these mp3 songs.
I must try two possible solutions:

1) I can keep the links to mp3 songs, but I must prevent the user to download the mp3 file.
If it will be possible only to listen the song in the third frame but not to download its files, my copyright problem will be solved.
But I don’t know if it is possible to write in FrontPage some commands to do it, and, if it’s possible, I don’t know how to do it.

2) I can allow the user to listen the song not with a mp3 but with YouTube, which hasn’t any copyright problem.
But in this case I have other problems.
I realized that isn’t possible to open a YouTube link in a frame. I tried, but inside the frame appears the message (for me, in Italian language):
“Impossible to visualize these contents in a Frame. To facilitate the safety of the information contained in this Web site, the owner of the contents doesn’t allow their visualization in a frame”.
Then I must organize the opening of the YouTube song not in my third frame of the page, but elsewhere. But where?
My aim, I wrote, is to allow the user to listen the song and at the same time to read its text.
Then I can’t put in the button the target to open the link in a New Page, that is: Blank, because this new page will be automatically opened and will cover the page with the text of the song.
I will be glad if I could put in the button the target to open the link of the YouTube song in a New Card, because generally the New Cards are opened at the right side of the page where the user actually is, and the page where the user actually is will remain in front of his eyes: he will continue to read there the text of the song, while he will listen the YouTube sounds of the song opened in the page nearby.
But I don’t know if it is possible to write in FrontPage a commands to open a link not in a New Page, that is: Blank, but in a new Card.
And, if it’s possible, I don’t know how to do it.
To open in a New Page FrontPage writes:
<a target="_blank"
And, to open in a New Card, what must it write?
Thanks.
24-07-2020
Aldo Canestrari – viandit@yahoo.it -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back