Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage layers, how to stop image copying whether javascript slideshow or other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyhtml

Technical User
Oct 24, 2012
GB
I'm not an html expert, i use Frontpage 2003 to design simple websites when needed. I want to stop casual surfers from saving my images, and maybe copying text. I just want to deter the amateurs from stealing images.

I'm using javascript for an image slideshow. On my page, I have put various layers, one of them has a slideshow in it.

I know that html experts can steal the code and images from the source codes no matter what tricks are used, so no need for anyone to tell me that.

After looking for solutions to stop people from copying the images from the slideshow, by right clicking, and the text, I found a simple solution of adding a layer on top of everything, then using a transparent.gif one pixel image as the background. I placed this div layer, on top of all the others, which means people can't right click and save text or images, though of course, I know they can get from looking at source code.

If anyone tries to save the image, they can only save the 'transparent.gif' if they right click.

I then tried something else, I deleted the 'transparent.gig' image path, went into 'code view' and put in this code where the transparent.gif image was. When surfers right click this, they get 'untitled.bmp' when they try to save. This is better.

I thought i had solved my problem.

But when i tested in the browser, i discovered that if you increase the browser text size to 'largest' the div layers underneath the last ones expand. Basically I want to know is it possible to put a another Frontpage layer on top of another one, the top one with a transparent background, and make it automatically expand if the one below does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back