Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNerGiZer0101

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2004
CA
Good day to all,

I'm making a web page and i am using a lot of hyperlinks. C

Problem:
I can only put a maximum of 255 characters as a hyperlink = I cannot link to the page I want because of its lenght in characters.

Could someone please give me some advice or a tip so that i could attach my web address in the hyperlink of frontpage?

Cheers!

Hmm.. I dont know what version of frontpage this is but u shoudl not have this problem.

If you can look at the CODE tab where u see all the html code u can simply type the whole link there . otherwise if u are a newbiew read the following paragraph and you should be fine.

suppose i want to link the word "help" to a webpage that is more that 255 characters.

so in frontpage you can crea a link for the the word "help" and in the link address just type in "REPLACE"

now save the page and close frontpage. Then open up notepad and open your saved webpage in notepad. You will html code here. So simple Search ( CTRL F ) for the string "REPLACE" and replace this string to whatever the actual address of the page is. e.g
save and close out of notepad. switch back to frontpage and it should be there.

[highlight]M.Bajwa
[/highlight]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back