Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrontPage and unbique weblinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogal

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
New to Front Page! I have created a fp page which allows users to send responses to questions to my database once they click the submit button. I plan to send users a link to this webpage, which they can use. However, each webpage needs to be unique (ie store a reference number), which I also want to send back to my database into a field.

How can I create a parameter which will be in the webpage link address that gets passed into the fp page, filling in the refrence number field to make each webpage unique????

Please help!!

You could use some javascript to write a custom hidden field to the form in the HTML (during the page load), and have the javascript generate a value based on the date or time. Then the field would be part of the form post when they submit the page.

Elijah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back