Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

frontpage 2002 site - web accessibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

domino3

MIS
May 20, 2003
GB
I have a site which I am trying to gain bobby approval for. On the site I have a link bar which is created from the navigation tree, with graphics for buttons. These are showing up with the following message for each navigation button when I check my page for web accessibility - "If an image conveys important information beyond what is in its alternative text, provide an extended description". Is there any way of creating a link bar with buttons that show alterntaive text, or how do I get round this? Would fp 2003 solve this problem? Or would I be better off using a separate programme to create my navigation bars?

You are very limited unfortunately. It would be better if you created the images yourself or used another program of sorts. You might consider even upgrading to Expression Web. This does away with a lot of the Frontpage Server Extensions components of course but it will be a lot less hassle if you are worried about having a compliant website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back