Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrontEnd OWA Acting Weird... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdurham

MIS
Sep 14, 2005
US
Ok I have configured my FE Exchange 2003 server and configured it to use SSL with FBA(Forms based Authentication). When I type in the URL of name>/exchange, it prompts me to accept the security certificate and proceeds to bring up the FBA page. I then login, but I do not get my mailbox box. Instead I get the IE error page saying.. "The page must be viewed over a secure channel" HTPP Error 404.3. I have checked the IIS settings for this server and uninstalled and reinstalled the SSL certificate. Has anyone seen this problem?

Frank

In IIS try unchecking the "Require SSL." button. You will still connect using https port 443 and your certificate, so it will be a secure connection.

As far as the certificate pop-up. You get this because your certificate is self generated and does not come from a trusted provider like verisign. You can do the following:
1. Buy a trusted certificate -or-

2. Install or accept your self generated certificate on all your clients workstations in Internet explorer (or whatever web browser they are using).

Hope this helped...

WhoKilledKenny-

Appreciate the response. I disable the SSL on both Back End Servers and everyhting works fine.

Thanks
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back