Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRONT PAGE SUPPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dance

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have a website on a server that supports FP extensions. But they tell me that it is on a WINDOWS server, which does not support the rest of Front Page capabilites, such as password protect. I cannot use the FP capability of allowing somebody to work on only a part of the web without having access to all.

Their UNIX server allows this, but not the WINDOWS server. Is this true of ALL windows servers, or only theirs?

Frontpage sub-webs can be used for some password protecting actually. What the hosting company is actually telling you is something that is used in htaccess. But if you switch to UNIX, you might have more problems.

Yuo can check out How to Password Protect a Folder the FrontPage Way - or you can use a simple ASP script to protect files / folders as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back