Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page Shopping cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeManfu

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2001
US
Greetings all,
I have a customer that is addicted to Front Page. They now want to sell about 20 items online. I built a form and have the items listed and form fields for quantity and other information. I also did hidden fields with information like price and item numbers.
Now for the sticky bit. They want the form to only display items the customer has chosen to buy. Then they want to have a total for the customer and send the results to both the customer and to the vendor. They are not worried about online payments, but they would like to have the customer have to log in to place and order thus maintaining a record of the customer contact information.
Any help in the right direction would be great. Another note, the server is a IIS server on a Win2000 box. It doesn't run CGI only WEB Bots. I don't even think it'll run a Data Base. I could get by with out the customer log in process if I could figure out how to get the totals for the purchse and not show items they didn't order.
Thanks
Joe,

Sorry this is a question rather than a reply.

I'm a newbie website developer and would appreciate it if you could inform me how you created the web cart with outlook. I wish to do something similar but am struggling.

Cheers

colin@elfsales.co.uk

Do a search on the net for "shopping cart software." You will get many hits, so take your time to look thru them to find what you want. There are many free carts, some java one, also.
Good luck

Never used it but looks like it integrates right into FP. DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back