Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page freezes computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

petman

Technical User
May 14, 2004
CA
We have a problem w/ select PCs using Front Page. It worked well for a while, and then the software just started dragging. Ever since, we cannot open the application without completely hosing the PC. As I said, this is only on SELECT PCs. Others that have the same software seem to have no problem with FP...yet. The ones that DO have the problem were fine for a long while. Has anyone else run into this problem and maybe know of a solution?

Thank you.

Hi petman,

I have had this problem in the past. What I did was go to Add/Remove programs. I uninstalled FrontPage and reinstalled. It wouldn't allow me to do a Detect and Repair from FrontPage help, but this may work for you as well.

Sometimes, FrontPage seems to have a mind of it's own.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form ScriptExamples

I second that "Sometimes, FrontPage seems to have a mind of it's own"

What version of FrontPage are you using? I had a host of problems with FrontPage 2003 so I reverted back to FrontPage XP; much better for me!

What operating system is the box you are using? Have you tried running Office Updates? It might help. Make sure all your Windows updates are also installed. As well as your non-critical updates that may relate directly or indirectly to your problem.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back