Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empeethree

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2000
US
I am trying to install FP Extensions and not having much luck. Anyone know of a good site to read up on it, so I can try and figure out what is going wrong?

I am trying to get the form to email working (so the warning doesnt appear) and I have set the settings to every possible combination I can think of, yet it tells me FP extensions are not installed on server.

Thanks in advance
Rob [sig][/sig]

I Too Am Having a Similar Problem, BUT FP2000 is installed and working with other sites but for some reason the one site doesn't seem to be be working, it says in the site itself on the page [FrontPage Save Results Component] is placed at the top of the page

Using the Management Console for IIS go to the Server Extensions Tab of the Web Site Properties. Here you can configure your mail support by specifying the SMTP server to use.

Once you configure it properly the message [Front Page Save Results Component] should disappear and the mail should get sent.

Relaying restrictions on your smtp server may apply and you might have to resolve that issue too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back