Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page Extension Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usagi

Technical User
Jul 7, 2000
US
Hmm... well few weeks ago my page was fine, now all of a sudden its messed up. 2 of my JS don't work anymore on the web server, but they work fine on my computer. All the links are relative rather than giving the direct url.

Heres the addy: " "

The JS that are not working are on the index.htm (that big gray box where a nice effect should be) and in main.htm where it says in another big box "initializing" but never really finishes past that.

Do you think this could be coding problem? Server upgrade issues? Front Page Extension Issues? Please feel free to offer ANY suggestions.

- Thanks in advance ;) [sig][/sig]

A couple of thoughts:

If the page is loading from a chached copy (locally) it may not be reloading the js code, each time you open the page. This could cause the problem. The easy check for this is to click refresh/reload and see if the script runs.

Have you uploaded these pages again?

Have you reset permissions on the files? If your pages were restored by Geocities from a backup you might need to reset the permissions. (Yes this could happen without your knowlege.)
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back