Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page 2000/WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

katx3

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
US
For one thing, Front Page crashes every time I try to save a file as a CSS, and it appears it is not compatible with Win XP. Most thoughtless of MS.

Slightly off topic: if I install Office XP, which does not include Front Page, can I still use Front Page 2000, or will the install wipe it out? Thanks in advance for any info.

Don't know about the first, but I do about the second.

No, an installation of Office XP will not wipe out your FrontPage 2000 installation. I have been running them this way for over 3 months now, and everything is fine (of course, I don't use CSS sheets anyhow). I had FrontPage installed and then installed Office XP. Since it isn't a part of an Office program, Office doesn't uninstall it.

Matt A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000 Early Achiever with Security Emphasis

Ah, but Front Page 2000 was offered as part of Office 2000 Premium, so it could be part of an Office installation.

Yes, it was part of Office 2000 Premium, which was my concern - ! Thanks Matt, but if yours was a stand alone install, mine might work differently.

My guess would be that if the new office installation doesn't include FrontPage, it isn't gonna wipe out your current installation because it has nothing to replace it with. If it was going to install a newer version, it might wipe out the old, otherwise no.

Matt A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000 Early Achiever with Security Emphasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back