Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Page 2000 Database AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRowland

Programmer
May 23, 2001
US
I've recently upgraded to FP2000 and am now sorry I did.
I can't get the database to work..
What does all this mean??
========================================
Database Results Error
The database connection named 'Database2' is undefined.

This problem can occur if:
* the connection has been removed from the web
* the file 'global.asa' is missing or contains errors
* the root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled
* the web is not marked as an Application Root
=========================================
Global is right where fp2000 put it.
the root folder DOES have scripting permissions.
the database connection is right where the book said to put it.
I have no idea what an "Application Root" is, or where to find something about it!!!

Hello-

I had a similar problem with the global.asa file. This appears to be a "setting" level file. The only way I was able to get rid of the error was to completely remove the program, all web files, clean out registry and reinstall. I actually wound up formatting my hard drive because my re-install went so poorly. I upgraded from '98 to '00.

Here is a tech-paper that might help you:

I did try this myself but still had to do the above steps. I'm now working fine and am on to other problems.

Best of luck.

I have a similar but worse problem. My FP data base webs worked fine on my Personal Web Server in Windows 98 but when I went to IIS 5.0 with Windows XP things went bad. I have the application set up in the right place and all the asp pages work fine until there is a global.asa file in the directory. It doesn't seem to matter what is in the global.asa file but as long as there is one there the asp pages won't load and after ten tries I get an error message that there are too many people accessing the web site. I have reinstalled everything several times and nothing helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back