Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front end cust entered zip code provide different treatment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickfish

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
Hi All,
I have a customer that would like calls coming into the call center to be fronted with an option for callers to enter their zip code. Based on the zip code/county, they would receive a different treatment.

I was thinking of building global variables for the different counties with the zip codes as values and then checking if the zip code call variable they entered against the global variables. Like this:

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT Enter_ZipCode_vs
COLLECT 5 DIGITS INTO ZipCode_cv
END VOICE SESSION

IF (ZipCode_cv = JonesCounty_gv) THEN
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT Jones_County_vs
END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT
END IF

Am I on track? Is there a better way?

Also, what would be the best way to check against all of the county_gv? There are 100 different counties.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

When you have multiple variables to check, it's best and easiest to use a WHERE command. e.g.

WHERE zipcode_cv EQUALS

VALUE 111111 : treatment1
VALUE 222222 : treatment2
VALUE 333333 : treatment3

END WHERE

You can put as many VALUES in as you like, the VALUE being the zip code. The treatment can be anything you choose but probably in your example it could EXECUTE a SECTION with a specific voice announcement. The scipt will probably end up very large but it doesn't really matter.

Something to consider:

Nortel recommends WHERE.. EQUALS clauses have a maximum of 50 lines. If you need more than 50 lines, just break the clause into multiple clauses.

If you're talking over 50 look ups, might be worthwhile looking at separate infrastructure to achieve this.

Possibilities are HDX (although I don't know if this is strategic), CTI or getting your telco to do the look up for you and deliver the call accordingly (helluva lot of CDNs or DNIS though!)

DD

...otherwise it will really slow up CC6/Symposium to the detriment of your other callers. You can mitigate this by putting the scripting at the end of your master script so only those calls that it applies to do the lookups, but again, if this is for high call volumes, I'd steer clear of doing it in CC6/Symposium.

DD

Thanks everyone for your help! I love this website! Everyone is always helpful. I'm here almost everyday looking up something!

Would it be easier for you to read the NPA or NXX of the CLID and route the call with that way?

That method would eliminate interaction and give you routeable options.

Or you could use both, perhaps someone with no CLID calls, then require them to enter their zips in digit_collection_cv

If this is something you'd want to pursue, I can help with the coding if you get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back