Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front end Crashes after database split

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoviceGuy

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
Hello,
I am new to this so please forgive me. I have created a database where 2 tables are linked. (Header and Items for example) The relationship is setup as follows:
Header is autonumbered, and that field is the primary key.
Items is autonumbered, and that field is its primary key.
Items also has the HeaderNumber as a long integer, representing the foreign key (although I haven't done anything to specifically declare that)
In relationships, I've setup a one (header) to many (items), enforce RI, cascade edits & deletes, only include rows were joined fields are equal. Everything works (worked great) including form(header) & embedded sub-form(items), queries joining both tables, reports, etc.
After splitting the database, all the functionality still works. However, when I either a) go into the design view of a query that contains more than one table, b) go into the relationships screen, or c) run the compact/repair on the front-end, Access gives me the apology (encountered an error and has to shut down) At this point, the relation ships still work and I can add/delete/view, but still can't look at the design of the query, view relationships or compact/repair the database.

Has anyone experienced this? I have Access 2002 saving file as 2000. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Novice Guy :-|

Well, apparently after a day of frustration, my computer felt bad for me and decided to fix itself. I have no explanation but it is working finally. Please disregard.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back