Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Desk Telephone Setup Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nublin

Programmer
Mar 26, 2010
US
I have a CS 1000E with Meridian 2006, 2008, 2008 HF, 2008 HF w/ display, and M2616 telephones. There is a department here that wants to take all the telephone calls going to 5 telephones in the back(either 2006 or 2008 variants) and have it ring on two m2616 consoles in the front when they receive an internal call. After either of the M2616 users pick up they can then transfer it to the person if they are not busy with a customer.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks.

In the five phones in the back, set an ICF Key (Call Forward Internal) to the two 2616 phones in front. Due to Secretarial Filtering, the 2616 sets will be able to transfer the call back to the desired phone.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Is secretarial filtering a specific feature with the 2616 set?

Is there a way to make it so that it will forward from the rear extensions after 3 rings to the front?

That would be FNA if I'm not mistaken but if I stick with ICF is there a way to enter two seperate DNs for it to foward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back