Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front desk phone beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnestel

Programmer
May 10, 2012
US
Partner ACS R5 with a T-1 module and voice mail. Front desk (reception) phone "beeps" randomly. Under the customer's maintenance contract, Avaya replaced the processor, expansion cards and phone. No success. We replaced the T-1 module and for about a month the problem went away. Now it is back. The customer also reports problems with transferring calls but confirmed that the programmed auto-dial buttons are correct.

A tech is going onsite tomorrow. In the meantime, has anyone come across a problem like this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Beeps on a Partner are usually either a call on hold at that extension or the phone was left in programming mode. My guess would be a call is getting put on hold. I don't have a ton of experience with the T1 modules on Partner systems, but I would tend to think maybe that is the cause even though they have replaced it once. Possibly a bad slot that the T1 module is in? I would also verify all the T1 programming to make sure it matches the service provider as I know the Partner system is very specific on the parameters you need to have for the T1 module.

A beep is also heard from an extension when it is forwarded and a call was sent to it but forwarded elsewhere

Tech is onsite.

Sometimes when the handset is lifted the tech hears a wave off instead of inside dial tone. When he presses a line button or 9, he hears a fast high pitched beep-beep-beep. Like a continual chirping. The line the tech accessed won't release when he hangs up. Eventually all the lines are messed up and inaccessible.

The tech unplugged the phone. When he plugged it in again, the lines were still tied up.

He swapped the phone. Problem seems to have gone away. So he put the original phone back in and now it works fine. Problem is sporadic and will be back.

Avaya already replaced the processor and the phone. This problem only happens on extension 10.

If the T-1 provider changed something, could some kind of buffer be filling up and then causing the error? But if that were the case, would it resolve itself? Unplugging the phone has resolved the issue for 20 or more minutes, but I am sure it will come back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back