Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From Scripting (ASP) to Real Prog. (C++) Plz Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDR

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
US
I need to learn C++ and my experiencie is only in scripting languages (SQL, BVScript). I know C++ is a much tougher language than what I currently do but someone recomended me buying books and learning by myself.
What is the best way to learn C++ from here, going to school? or buying books and learning by myself?

If you need to learn C++ for any kind of professional purposes, my suggestion would be to go to school for it - at least take an introductory course. There's a huge learning curve going from scripting to object-oriented programming and you would definitely thank yourself for going through the course(s) later down the road (I know I did :))

-----------------------------------------------
"The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the entire universe."
-Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back