Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From Publisher to HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigi0614

Programmer
Jun 20, 2004
US
Hi!
I'm new to Publisher, and I've got the Office XP version. How is the easiest way to convert a catalog that was made with Publisher (a .pub file) to an HTML file?

I would like all the text in the .pub file to be HTML text, and not a graphic. Is this hard to do??

I've not worked with the XP version, so everything I'm about type is based on the assumption that there's not that much change between the basic commands in Publisher 2000 and the XP version...

Easiest way to go to HTML with your document is to use [blue]FILE/CREATE WEBSITE FROM CURRENT PUBLICATION[/blue] then go back and do [blue]FILE/SAVE AS WEB PAGE[/blue]

To prevent your text from being converted into graphics, nothing can be permitted to touch or overlay your text frames. Anything else touching a text frame will cause the entire frame to be converted into a graphic.

You'll have to accept the fact that Publisher isn't the greatest tool in the world for creating HTML documents...it really sucks to be blunt about it. The HTML code it generates is so inflated with nested tables and other redundant stuff it's pathetic. I love Publisher, but for web page design, you're better off doing it with FrontPage from the start...you can recreate most documents with Front Page in less time than you'll spend cleaning up Publisher's spaghetti code.

::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back