Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From Field contains $$$ instead of Senders Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckg0413

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
US
Hi,

I am running GW 6 and have a problem with a couple of users. For some reason when they send a message, instead of their name in the From Field there are three dollar signs instead ($$$). This shows up in notify, and also in the mailbox pane. If you check the mail envelope properties the $$$ is in the from field, but their email address is listed as created by. Is there something the user could have changed in options that would cause this, or should I be looking at something in my GW server?

Here is a copy of the properties for one such message.

Mail Envelope Properties (3EE0809E.427 : 11 : 17010)

Subject:

Creation Date: 6/6/03 7:53AM

Created By: jmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recipients
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Office Route
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Files Size Date & Time
MESSAGE 718 06/06/03 07:53AM

Options
Expiration Date: None
Priority: Standard
Reply Requested: No
Return Notification: None

Concealed Subject: No
Security: Standard

hi chuckg -

First, I must ask, did this just start happening to these couple users, or has it been doing this from day 1? Does it happen on every single email? What about forwarding or replying, still dollar signs?

Any rules, alias, nicknames setup that may be causing problems? Have you tried to reinstall the client?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, just trying to rule out what it my not be.

Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back