Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From Coldfusion to PHP (Newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherphas

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I have coldfusion service with IIS 5 installed on my machine. This morning, I was trying to install PHP to use with IIS 5, so I downloaded PHP. Then I realised I should use PHP with Apache, so I installed that too. My question is do I have to uninstall the Coldfusion service and IIS configurations I did or can I still have them on my machine? And does it matter if I installer PHP before apache? Also, in coldfusin and ASP I had a " folder where the .asp and cfm .files would be executed...is there a folder like this in PHP? Cause nothing is working right now.

Let me answer this in parts.

Install Apache before PHP. But the install of Apache isn't necessary to run PHP on Win32 -- PHP will run with IIS, too.

You're going to have a problem with two web servers trying to run at the same time. Only one application can listen on the same port. If IIS and Apache are both trying to listen on port 80 (HTTP), then you'll have problems.
Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back