Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From BC5, how to call a dll created in BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddddd

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
US
I hope this is the correct place to ask a problem in BC5.

from BC5 IDE, how to call a dll file created in BC.

I have got the .dll, .lib and .h (in C) in a folder and have set the libraries and includes to that folder....but when I run my main(), BC5 cannot find the functions in the .dll.

Can you help?

goto This will tell you first of all, how to make a DLL, which apparently you don't need, but down further it shows as well as tells you how to call functions from a DLL. Did you say that you had your Lib, DLL and .h for the DLL in the same folder as the Executable? If not, try it with those 3 things in the folder. I have had the same problem when I had my DLL in an unrelated or different folder, and the problem was solved when I put them with my executable. I haven't tried to set the libraries or locations to where the DLL is located, mainly because I don't have time and I'm lazy. the URL I've listed for you will most likely solve all of your DLL problems, it is very well written and will help alot, I hope. If it doesn't, write me back and I'll help you out. Cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back