Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fresh report from a stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycrystalbaby

Programmer
Jun 16, 2005
US
Hi,
It will be great, if somebody could help me with this problem.

I am trying to create a new report from a stored procedure.
When I select the stored procedure to create this report, it asks for the parameter and gives the message that can’t enter the null in unique ids.
I tried different SPs to create report, but not letting me do it.
Could you please provide the steps to know, what different things I have to do to create a report out of Stored Procedure.

I am using CR X with SQL 8.0
Thanks
AA

SQL 8 is SQL Server I assume.

You need to post the actual error, paraphrasing is a bad idea as it leaves too much to the imaginatioon.

"can’t enter the null in unique ids" is not a SQL Server error, so please post the exact error. I would venture to guess that your SP is doing an insert soemwhere, which can be done from Crystal, btu in general isn't well supported as Crystal is a report writer and reads data, not writes it.

Also, the SP MUST always return a rowset, which may also be why Crystal is complaining.

Test by creating an SP which contains:

select * from table

Where table is a valid table.

If that works, then the issue is how you construct your SPs.

-k

Thank you so much for your reply. I made a mistake by not sending the exact error.

"Cannt inert the NULL in to column VOB_ID, table VISTA.dv_dvrack_t;column does not allow nulls."
If I allow null, then also I get the same message.

Thanks
AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back