Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fresh out of school--help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigm

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
We are currently looking for a backup storage solution for our exchange, file/print and sql servers. We need somewhere between 150/300 storage range at the moment, but would like to account for scalability in the future.
What metrics do you look for when figuring for future growth and backup storage?
Also, without getting into the high cost of NAS, are there any good networked tape bakcup autoloaders out there?
Can I setup a networked tape backup device, and where can i look for more info?
Thanks

Be aware autoloader are expensive to purchase and to maintain. Should you need repair after the initial warranty be prepaired for the bill.
After a bad experience with an DLT 7000 autoloader going out of calibaration every few months, and ruining mutiple tapes every time I would purchase an AIT-3 auto loader (Sony has an 8 slot for about 6000.00). Sony also warants the tapes for life. Throughput is 1.2 gig/minute. Tape capacity 100native,260 compressed. There are faster drives but price is much higher, such as Ait-4 or LTO II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back