Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fresh installation of Sql Server 200 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALCONSEYE

Programmer
Jul 30, 2004
US
Can anybody provide me with the guidelines to install a fresh copy of SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition? The previous installation included a system account and it was on the same drive as the operating system. I remember reading this was not a good practice. Am I wrong?
thanks in advance

Correct putting the system databases on the system drive is not a good plan. You want them off on a data drive.

You can change the account which the service runs under and move the databases without reinstalling. If you don't have any user databases on the server reinstalling will be easier.

Simply open add remove programs and uninstall SQL Server from there, then reinstall.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back