Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frequent Conference-Cross talk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsunh

Programmer
Aug 23, 2003
AE
We are facing a particular problem where our call center staffs are reporting frequent cross talk problems. The problem is like this, one CSR get conferenced to other CSR’s incoming call with external caller & the (ANI) caller number appears on both agents’s call Masters. We are using Quintus CTI with Orion voice recording.

I had the same problem once before and it ended up being a problem with the LD carrier. The same caller was being presented to two different trunks at the same time. Can you tell if the call is coming into your agents on the same trunk?

yeah, its only happening with a purticular group of agents who receive calls only from one trunk group.

suggestions please..

regards

Have your agents note the dialed number, the ANI and time and date of the call with the crosstalk. If you have CAS, check there to see which trunk(s) the call came in on. Call your carrier with the issue and ask them to trace through their network. Most carriers would request that you call within an hour of the call.

I am looking at the same problem right now, and from what I have seen before in the past, with Nortel equipment, is that it is usually the Carrier presenting two calls from the same ANI, usually caused by a flashook call from the calling party.

What did you find out, if you don't mind me asking.

John

I saw something vaguely similar on a trunk group using NFAS where I did not get the circuits entered in the correct order on the signalling group form. It caused some really weird things to happen.

What you describe does not sound like that problem exactly, but I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway. Probably all it's worth

Good Luck

I would love for someone to find a definitive answer for this one. I have had Avaya pulling traces for the last month on a system and every call has been 'normal'. Has anyone identified a specific equipment set that this is seen on. Nortel was mentioned, do you know if it is a DMS100 or DMS250?

If you have CMS and have agent traces turned on, you may be able to get some 'proof' by finding the same caller at the same time to two different agents. I'm going to go back and look.

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

I got one incident, but it what the far end.

Had one customer queue to two agents and when one of the agents called back, they got the office and another instance of dialtone.

I called the customer and it was two analog POTS overlapping that caused the problem. The far end resolved their problems and it was fixed.

Not what I wanted to see, but at least we could fix that problem.

We are still in MST trace mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back