Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

French Keyboard Accent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestax22

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
CA
Ok, I'm aware that there's probably not many people here that use a franch keyboard but here's the question anyway.

Using windows 98.

The keyboard doesn't write accents anymore. It used to work fine but now some of the accents do not work anymore. This isn't a Keyboard issue because I tried another one with the same results. It's not a word processing issue either since the accents don't work on any program. I tried installing another language and coming back to the original (French Canadian) without any good results. I also tride uninstalling the keyboard from the hardware manager, erasing all the drivers from the system making windows reinstall the correct driver from the original cd and that didn't work either. Seems like I tried everything. Could anybody help me out?? Give me things to try?

Thx in advance for the help

Have you checked the status of regional settings. This may have a bearing on your problem.

In the meantime you can access the accented letters using the alt + number on a key pad.

e.g. alt+ 0232 =è

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back